- This event has passed.
End of Year “P” Party
1 December, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
End of Year Family Celebration
“P” Party – Pizzas and Practical Pleasures
Sunday 1 December 2019
2.00 pm to 6.00 pm
Toowoomba Community Organic Gardens
22A Goggs Street, Toowoomba
What We’ll Do
Join us for our end of year family celebration “P” Party. This will be an afternoon of practical mini-workshops and games suitable for the whole family.
- Pause and Ponder, or Pow-wow with People
- Play and Participate in Pleasurable Past-times
- Prepare Pizza and Party with your Permie Pals
Highlights of the afternoon will include:
- Our special guest Asher Andrews from Grassroots Chef who will show us how to make gluten free, vegan pizza bases.
- Sour dough pizza base making with Kirsten Bradley.
- Wicking bed demonstration with Sam Rogers.
- Crocheted, reusable water bomb fun for the kids with Janet Dennison and Rebecca Hopper.
- Family creative (right brain thinking) scavenger hunt with Debbie Bassingthwaighte.
- Pizza feast cooked in the wood-fired pizza oven (gluten free, dairy free, vegan and sour dough options will be available).
- We will cater for this feast, so there’s no need to bring anything, but please RSVP by selecting “Going” on the Facebook Event or send us an email.
- Special thanks to Shirley Dunsdon and Janet Dennison who are preparing everything we need to put on the pizzas and fill our tummies.
- Mega Christmas Share Table. See details below.
Please BYO Cold Drinks and items to place on the Share Table
The Toowoomba Community Organic Gardens have very generously allowed us to hold this event at their gardens, so we’ll be making use of their fabulous wood-fired pizza oven plus looking around the gardens.
We will be catering this event, with the help of our special guest Asher Andrews from Grassroots Chef, so please RSVP by selecting “going” on the Facebook event.
We can’t wait to celebrate with you all – please don’t forget to RSVP!
Financial Members of Permaculture Toowoomba Inc. – Free
First-time Visitors to a Permaculture Toowoomba Inc. Event – Free
Non-Members – $10 per person (children attending with parents are free)
This is a Family-Friendly event. Everyone is welcome including children with close parent supervision for their safety.
Annual Membership of Permaculture Toowoomba Inc. is $40 per person or $30 for a second or subsequent family member. Membership forms will be available on the day for anyone wishing to join, or available here for download.
Location and Parking
Toowoomba Community Organic Gardens
22A Goggs Street, Toowoomba.
The gardens run from Goggs Street through to West Street, with
Parking is on-street and there is limited off-street parking via Goggs Street.
The garden is accessible for strollers, walking frames and wheel chairs if needed.
We’ll finish the afternoon with Pizza in the fabulous wood-fired pizza oven at the gardens. BYO Cold Drinks. Pizza Toppings and Bases will be provided for you to make your own delicious creations.
We’ll provide gluten free, vegan and dairy free options, as well as sourdough bases.
This will be a chance to relax, share food and connect with others in our community.
Please bring a water bottle and wear clothing suitable for the weather conditions (sun, wind and rain protection) and closed shoes.
Also BYO Cold Drinks.
Mega Christmas Share Table
We’ll end the year with a Mega Christmas Share Table at our “P” Party on Sunday 1 December starting at 2.00pm. Join us at the Toowoomba Community Organic Gardens in 22A Goggs Street.
- This is a wonderful way to share your surplus or little gifts that others can use at Christmas.
- We’ll have a few Micro-Bat Boxes to share.
- Some ideas of what you could bring include: fruit, vegetables, herbs, eggs, honey, milk, jams, pickles, preserves, jars, ferments, starters, scobies, seeds, plants, seedlings, cuttings, tubers, pots, tools, gardening magazines, permaculture books, recipes, patterns, manure, coffee grounds, compost additives, worms, meal worms, wool, fabric, craft supplies, soap, natural cleaning products, plastic alternatives, produce bags – the list is extensive.
Please bring whatever you can and then take home whatever you need within our culture of generosity and free sharing.