Become a Financial Member
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of Permaculture Toowoomba Inc. Our primary purpose is to Empower Resilience within the Toowoomba Region through the sharing of knowledge, skills and resources.
Benefits of becoming a financial member
Belonging to a community of permaculture enthusiasts brings many benefits to you. Here are just a few:
- Attend all events organised by Permaculture Toowoomba Inc. throughout the year at no cost (including visits to gardens, practical workshops, guest speakers and other gatherings). A light Afternoon Tea or Supper is usually served at events. There will be a fee for non-members to attend.
- Enjoy the company of like-minded people and make new friends.
- Be informed through emails, newsletters, our Facebook group, minutes of meetings and our annual report.
- Continue learning about permaculture through shared knowledge and experience.
- Attend and vote at general meetings of our association.
- Be protected by Public Liability Insurance of $2,500,000.
- Be assured the Management Committee is working within approved Association Rules.
How will your membership fee be used?
There are expenses that will be paid on behalf of members to ensure the ongoing success of our community not-for-profit association, so your membership fee will be used in a number of ways. Here are just a few:
- General fees associated with the management of Permaculture Toowoomba Inc. including annual incorporation fees to the Department of Fair Trading, bank fees, insurance, domain registration and web hosting, etc.
- Venue hire for meetings, workshops and events.
- Afternoon tea and supper served at events.
- Payment to special guest presenters and workshop facilitators.
All Management Committee members offer their time and expertise on a purely voluntary basis.
Annual membership fees
Annual Membership Fees are due by 31 December each year.
- Individual Membership is $40.00 per year
- Second (or subsequent) Members living in same family household $30.00 per year
Membership Fees for new members joining after 30 June are pro rata of half the annual fee for the remainder of that financial year.
- Individual Membership is $20.00 per year pro rata (half year)
- Second (or subsequent) Member living in the same family household is $15.00 per year pro rata (half year)
If you are interested in being actively involved with our association by perhaps sharing your skills or knowledge with the group, inviting the group to visit your property, supporting the committee to organise events and activities, becoming a future committee member, or in other ways, please contact a committee member. Email: email@example.com
Please download and complete the Membership Form and return it with your payment.
Payment may be made by cash, bank transfer or direct deposit.
- Cash at a meeting or event
- Bank transfer or direct deposit
- BSB 633-000 Account Number 167834290
- Account Name – Permaculture Toowoomba Use surname as reference
In accordance with our Association Rules, all new membership applications must be proposed and seconder by two other members. This will be done at the next Management Committee Meeting after your application is received where your membership will be considered for approval.
Have your membership details changed?
If your contact or other membership details have changed, please contact a committee member so this can be updated. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org