Permaculture Toowoomba Inc.
Our Facebook Group was first established in 2018 to seek community interest in forming an incorporated not-for-profit association. Following significant support, a public meeting was convened at Sunday 16 June 2019 at the multi-purpose community meeting room on Level 3 of the Toowoomba City Library.
We had 28 people attend this inaugural foundation meeting, and 9 others who sent their apologies, and the resolution was passed unanimously to become Permaculture Toowoomba Inc. in compliance with Associations Incorporation Act 1981.
On 24 July 2019, our application to become incorporated was approved by the Office of Fair Trading and our Incorporation Number is IA58883.
As an incorporated association, we have Rules approved under the Associated Act 1981. These Rules require us to have a Management Committee that is elected each year at the Annual General Meeting (AGM). Management Committee Members are all volunteers who meet regularly and work within the Rules to ensure the effective functioning of Permaculture Toowoomba Inc.
In addition to this website, we have a Public Facebook Group as a place for you to connect with others, share interesting ideas and exciting projects, and learn and be inspired together.
The purpose of our Facebook Group is to facilitate proactive online interactions that connect, educate and empower our local community to build individual and collective permaculture-inspired resilience, knowledge, and skills.
Please read our Facebook Group Policy. You’ll see headings including:
- People Care
- Events, Products and Services
- Intellectual Property
- Disputes and Moderation
We welcome discussion on Permaculture topics:
- Land and Nature Stewardship
- Building and Passive Solar Design
- Tools and Technology
- Education and Culture
- Health and Spiritual Well-Being
- Finances and Economics
- Land Tenure and Community Governance
We also encourage you to ask questions, share tips and online resources, and upload your photos. We enjoy seeing:
- Images of gardens, plants, food, retrofitting, upcycling and your many creative projects
- Recipes, plans, charts, lists and guides
- Examples of Permaculture Designs
- Ideas, concepts, case studies and examples that showcase achievements and highlight possibilities
People Care is a very important focus when interacting online in our Facebook Group.
We celebrate the diversity of our members and strive to create a welcoming online environment where everyone feels safe.
All Facebook Group Members are expected to communicate in the following ways:
- Be respectful, inclusive, and considerate of others.
- Have honest, friendly, and positive interactions.
- Be helpful, curious, and thoughtful.
- Promote learning through information sharing, questions, and healthy debate.
- Protect individual privacy and be aware of confidentiality.
- Keep all posts and comments aligned with permaculture ethics (Earth Care, People Care, Fair Share) and the aims of Permaculture Toowoomba Inc.