March Connect and Learn
18 March @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Connect and Learn + Share Table
Garden Herbs for Natural Health – presented by Jenni Pemberton, Wren Herbal
Monday 18 March 2024
6.30 pm – 8.30 pm
Attend in person or via Zoom
Join us at Level 3 Meeting Rooms, Toowoomba City Library, Corner of Herries and Victoria Streets, Toowoomba, QLD 4350, or attend online. We’ll send you the Zoom link once you book.
This is the monthly Connect and Learn evening for Permaculture Toowoomba Inc.
Bookings are Essential
Bookings are essential so we have contact details and know how many will be attending. BOOK HERE
What We’ll Do
6.30 pm – Learn – Garden Herbs for Natural Health
Presented by Jenni Pemberton, Wren Herbal
- Are you aware of the possibilities of including herbs in your daily life to boost the immune system, reduce or remove symptoms of illness and prevent infections?
- Are you interested in using plants to improve your health?
This session will introduce you to how and why it’s a great idea to include them in your life.
While some of the knowledge and techniques from our ancestors for daily plant use has gone into oblivion, there has been a resurgence of interest in how plants can help our bodies and how to use them, so learning the old methods is important.
Inclusion of herbs/plants in our diet is proving that ancient methods still work even for treating common Lifestyle Diseases and many of my clients are achieving great results.
This presentation is aimed at sharing some of this information and helping increase your knowledge:
- Describing many local forgotten plants that are now considered weeds.
- Why these plants are beneficial to the human body.
- Simple ways to incorporate plants into your daily life.
- What to be wary of when using plants/herbs while taking modern medicines.
- What to watch for when harvesting your plants.
- A demonstration showing some methods of creating remedies that will support the body through a cold or flu, build your immune system, prevent infection from cuts and if time permits what to do for constipation and haemorrhoids.
- Printed handouts will be available to those attending this class however if you like to take notes, please bring a book and pen.
About Jenni Pemberton
After years of experimenting and using plants, herbs and remedies Jenni decided to undertake study at the Australasian College of Natural Therapies where she qualified as a Herbalist – Adv. Dip. WHM in 2016. Jenni’s passion is working with Clients to support and achieve improvement to ‘gut health’ as this had been her lived experience. The treatment includes modifying food choices – depending on symptoms, focussing on ways to manage stress and environmental factors which is achieving good results.
Contact Jenni on 0408 987 391 or email email@example.com at Wren Herbal to arrange a consultation if you feel interested in this form of support.
Wren Herbal also conducts regular workshops that are hands-on, allowing you to create your own products and offering tools on how you can modify the recipes to suit your needs at home. These events are listed on Wren Herbal Facebook page with relevant details.
Jenni is currently working in collaboration with @devi_shakti_yoga, providing herbal information for people to help regulate the nervous system in times of stress and overwhelm.
One additional technique that will be added to Jenni’s skills in the next few weeks is supporting the Vagus Nerve to change numerous issues in the body.
Wren Herbal Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/wrenherbal
Regular tips and videos can be viewed on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/wrenherbal/
7.45 pm – Connect – Light Supper (provided) and Share Table
A light supper will be served (including Gluten Free and Vegan options).
Sharing of produce on the Share Table opens after the presentation to allow plenty of time for everyone to place their donations, and then give you the opportunity to browse, connect and make your selections during supper
Do you have surplus?
We encourage you to bring your surplus produce, plants, seeds, books, craft supplies, and resources to share with others at our monthly Connect and Learn evenings.
Some ideas of what you could bring include – fruit, vegetables, herbs, eggs, honey, milk, jams, pickles, preserves, jars, ferments, starters, SCOBYs, seeds, plants, seedlings, cuttings, tubers, pots, tools, gardening magazines, permaculture books, recipes, patterns, manure, coffee grounds, compost additives, worms, mealworms, wool, fabric, craft supplies, soap, natural cleaning products, plastic alternatives, produce bags – the list is extensive.
Please bring whatever you can and then take home whatever you need within our culture of generosity and free sharing
2024 Membership Renewals are now due for all members
- Annual Membership of Permaculture Toowoomba Inc. is due by 31 December each year.
- It’s only $40 per person or $30 for a second or subsequent adult living in the same home.
- Financial Members can attend events and workshops during the year at no cost.
- You can pay your membership for 2024 at checkout when you book to attend this event.
- Membership forms will be available at the event for anyone wishing to join, or available here for download at http://www.permaculturetoowoomba.com.au/membership/
Free off-street parking is available under the library (enter from Victoria Street).
The venue has access for wheelchairs, walking frames, and strollers as needed. Everyone is welcome (including children with parental supervision).
We hope we see you there!
- Financial Members of Permaculture Toowoomba Inc. – Free
- First-time Visitors to a Permaculture Toowoomba Inc. Event – Free
- Non-Members – $10 per person
- Children attending with an Adult – Free (but please book so we know the total numbers)